11 April 2006

Forty shades of grey


Eugh. What a horrible day. I got a lift to the tram with a colleague this evening - a welcome respite from the horizontal rain - and the thermometer in his car read five degrees. Five bloody degrees! I could see my breath as I stepped out the front door this morning.

In other non-weather-related news, the aforementioned shyster painters continue to make a ham job of the windows in our building. They're currently working at a rate of about 1.2 windows per day, so I reckon we have at least another week of scaffolding out front (see above). They were in our kitchen yesterday morning at 8.30 - ironing work clothes in pyjamas mere inches from two boilersuited fiftysomethings was not the best way to kick off my week. I'm hoping they finish up on our floor tomorrow, if only to spare my sister from having to suffer a similar fate - she arrives tomorrow evening and will be sleeping on the three star futon in our living room.

I've taken Thursday off to play hostess which gives me a mammoth five day weekend (yay Easter!). We're planning to visit the Keukenhof gardens on Friday, where there'll hopefully be a little less grey and a little more of this (taken there last year):


I won't hold my (freezing) breath.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

Lovely summery picture there - and thanks for the info below!