13 April 2006

Pretty stupid for a (supposedly) smart girl

Jennifer & I put in some quality time on the Kalverstraat this afternoon, visiting three of its five H&Ms among other things. Midway through browsing in one shop I noticed my bag felt lighter than it had and on rummaging through it, discovered our camera was gone. I spent the next half hour panicking and the half hour after that retracing our steps back up the street, checking every shop we'd been in to see if they'd found a camera. Alas and alack, they hadn't and I wearily trudged onto the tram home feeling very sorry for myself. Our camera might have been a heap of junk but it worked... and contained a memory card full of photos.

You can imagine my surprise/shock/doubt of own intellect when I walked in our door just now to find the damn thing sitting on our dining table. I must've taken it out when we came back earlier in the day to drop off our first batch of purchases.

Not the cleverest I've ever felt. But at least I have something to photograph all the tulips with tomorrow.

1 comment:

Katherine said...

There's nothing worse. I lost my camera in Whelans one night and drunkenly bawled the whole way home. Miraculously when I rang the next day some kind soul had handed it in behind the bar.