10 June 2007

Baby steps

One of my main worries about leaving here has been to find replacement tenants for my apartment. (I say "one of" because the main worry I've had here for the past week has been the nightmares, including The One Where The Strange Guy Grabs Me By The Neck and The One Where I Get Blown Up In A Car On The Family Farm). Anyway, I'd figured I would have to place an ad on some expat website to find people to take over my lease in July, but it now seems that two friends may be up for taking it on.

Anyway, one of said prospective new tenants is Greek Aussie and he decided he'd give my kitchen a trial run this afternoon by making moussaka from scratch. I, of course, couldn't say no, seeing as he was MAKING MOUSSAKA FROM SCRATCH (using his mother's recipe, bell book and candle, and I mean he was following detailed step by step instructions from an excel spreadsheet he had created the last time he watched his mammy make moussaka). Score on both fronts, it would seem, and I am hoping for confirmation from him and the other new tenant in the coming couple of days, which would be a Very Major Tick on the List Of Very Practical And Boring Things I Have To Do Before I Go, So Boring In Fact That I Haven't Blogged About It.

Photos of the moussaka and consumers thereof over in yonder sidebar - it was bloody gorgeous.

No comments: