21 April 2006

Sweetened

Remember all my whining and moaning about the rubbish painters a couple of weeks back? Well, they finally finished on Good Friday but not before I'd lost the rag at them (which meant I had to revert to English, my pidgin Dutch only stretches as far as politeness with a touch of subservience). They left a mess on the living room floor and paint on the radiators but we were shut of them so didn't mind much. I'd almost forgotten about the whole sorry saga until our landlord's daughter popped in unexpectedly yesterday evening. She handed Oran a bottle bag and an envelope and apologised for the mayhem. The bottle bag contained some good champagne and the envelope (with another apology scrawled on the front) had €100 in it! I could be really cynical about the whole thing, but I'd rather think that maybe people aren't so crabby/stingy/inconsiderate after all. Unless they're trying to cajole us into extending our lease...

1 comment:

Anonymous said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.