5 April 2006

Detox, day ten

So, ten days in. Here's how it's been:

- days to go: seven (I've decided to extend!)
- times caved: two (apple pie last Thursday + a handful of chocolate M&Ms at the cinema on Sunday)
- litres of water consumed: about 35 so far, I'm guessing
- punnets of berries eaten: four
- creativity levels with various forms of non-dressed salad: vastly improved
- opinion of tuna: oh tuna, how I love thee, all is forgiven. Your friends the sardines are pretty tasty too.
- cravings for red meat/pasta/bread: surprisingly, non-existent
- smugness at a hangover-free weekend: still gloating, and it's Wednesday!
- gym sessions: one, dammit (I can thank my third lumbar vertebra for that)
- energy levels: much higher than previously, even with copious amounts of caffeine factored in
- kilos lost: three (that's 6.6 pounds to ye imperially-minded)
- likelihood that I'll stay on some form of regime for quite some time to come: growing
- number of biertjes it will take to get me drunk when I start drinking again on April 27th: right now I'm guessing six, but am taking bets...

No comments: