2 July 2007

Bad timing

Yesterday I realised one of my worst Amsterdam fears and fell down half a flight of the very steep stairs that lead to my apartment. I was in a hurry to get out and was rocking out to my ipod when I misjudged one step and found myself careening down the remaining half flight from the 3rd to the 2nd floor. I managed to put my right arm out and grabbed the bannister, which brought me to a halt on the bottom step without having hit my head. Unfortunately I seem to have now pulled every muscle in my right arm (making even typing this tricky), which, considering the amount of lifting and hawking my next days will involve, is nothing short of crap timing. I've got about ten bags of rubbish ready for the weekly pickup tonight already, and I haven't even started on the top floor of the apartment yet. Two nurofen now and a hot bath later will help - I hope!

No comments: