8 May 2006

The quarter century

How I Spent My Birthday Weekend, In No Particular Order:

- Had dinner at what used to be Blakes and is now the Dylan with Oran. Delicious food ("poncey food", says Oran) and some very tasty white wine
- Had my first outdoor rosé of the year, and enjoyed it thoroughly so had lots and lots more
- Pieced together quite a few more memories of Queen's day
- Shopped, and shopped and shopped and shopped some more and still didn't get the final component of Oran's present :(
- Proofread Susan's music thesis. My sister, she is brainy
- Was entertained by the world's coolest grandparents at Buena Vista Social Club on Saturday night. Some of them had trouble walking on and off stage, but boy can they still perform
- Saw Mission Impossible III, which marked the first time I've ever fallen asleep at the cinema. Yes, it's that bad
- Got up early yesterday morning to make triple chocolate brownies (they tasted fabulous but making them hurts my arteries. So much sugar/butter/chocolate!)
- Had birthday cake and birthday steak at a barbecue yesterday afternoon
- Got extremely sunburned at same barbecue... who knew early May sun could be so strong?
- Played with new toy (portable Creative speaker dock thing for my ipod, courtesy of Oran, I'm in love)
- Turned 25! Aah!

No comments: