15 May 2006

Inversely proportional

Isn't it odd that when things are quiet I can ramble here for ages, but when there are actual Big Things going on it takes me five days to string a sentence together? No?

Alright, here goes.

Big Thing number one: I have a new job as of June 1st. Same company, different stuff, lots more responsibility, very exciting and not the kind of opportunity I could ever turn down. End of work talk.

Big Thing number two: I'm apartment hunting. This is a) because Oran is going home next month and b) because our lease is up and I can't afford to renew on my own.

Talk about bad timing.

In a nutshell, I can't leave and he can't really stay. It'll be tough, but we've managed time in different countries before and I'm sure we can do it again. In the meantime, I'm juggling two jobs, compulsively hitting 'refresh' on every expat rental site in the city and keeping every appendage crossed that the next six weeks go smoothly. After that, who knows...

No comments: