17 April 2006

Run, run, as fast as you can

I've just signed up for this year's Dublin mini-marathon and am already starting to tremble in my AirMax. I've never actually run 10k before; I can manage about 6k right now without passing out, albeit on the treadmill, which is much easier than on tarmac. When I originally thought about doing the race, I reckoned I could manage it in less than an hour. A combination of laziness and a recurring back problem has set my training back somewhat, though, and now I think I'll be lucky if I can finish in one piece.

How and ever, there's nothing like a challenge, and I have the added motivation of hopefully raising a few euro for the Gary Kelly Cancer Support Centre in Drogheda (go on the town). Training proper starts this week...

2 comments:

Suse said...

At least you've started training... at least I've had the sense not to sign up for it! You might want to give the other two wans a few subtle nudges in the direction of their O'Neills and runners though.... :D

Catherine said...

Yeah, I'll be sending out some strongly worded SMSes this week - deadline for registration is next Tuesday!

And what is with the time stamp on that comment, missy?!