21 February 2006

thwack

Today I have managed to damage five different body parts in four separate attacks of the clumsy. In chronological order:

1. Middle knuckle, left hand off the edge of an open (glass) door in the office today. The bruise is currently eggshell blue with a lovely maroon centre.
2. Left shin off the edge of a shredding bin (still at work). This wouldn't have been so bad if I hadn't already got a cut in the same spot from an altercation with a (stationary) bike late last week.
3. Left thumb and left big toe in an inexplicable cycling snafu involving a baking tray and a force 4 headwind en route home. Really - don't ask.
4. Left hip off the edge of our kitchen counter, so excited was I to rush into the living room with my dinner.

I've never been the most graceful of people - four broken bones (right wrist x 2, left wrist, left collarbone) as a child, plus countless scars from countless falls, will attest to that. I had rather hoped I'd grown out of this scale of self-damage though. At least sober! Perhaps I should start padding sharp surfaces and wearing cushioned clothing, like the Glass Man in Amelie...

No comments: